How often should I wash my oily hair and why should I learn to love my sebum?August 4, 2020
How Growing Primitive Foods Can Save the World: Insight from Great Grandma!August 31, 2020
How a curly girl who aspired to have straight hair as a kid emerges as a curly girl influencer and decides to take it to the next step!
For your Happy Earth journey this month, we would like to introduce you to Sakshi from @curlyandkind, an Instagram curly girl influencer turned entrepreneur from the UK. Her current endeavor, curlyandkind.com features products specifically for curly girls: Flaxseed Hair Gel and Curly Girl’s Pineapple Hat.
She tried our No-Poo Wash and loved it! We talked to her about her curly girl influencer journey and her tips on how she used our No-Poo Wash.
If you want to see the whole interview, please visit our IGTV HERE. Due to technical difficulties, the actual interview starts at 5.43. However, if you are in a rush and don’t have time to watch the whole 1-hour interview, here’s a summary version of the video:
Sakshi’s tips for curly hair
1) Stop applying heat (no blow dry, no straightening): Heat can create hair breakage and cause even more dryness. Avoid a hot shower on your wash day.
2) Patience: It can take some time to work on your hair.
3) Avoid silicone and sulfate: Start looking at the ingredients. Be cautious of anything that claims a magic fix. There can be harmful chemicals in there. If there is no alternative, you can make your own hair wash at home (see Sakshi’s recipe below).
4) Rinse it off properly to avoid dandruff build-up. For curly girls who use multiple layering products like gel or foam, you will need to rinse out your hair properly. You should not expect all these products to get washed off within the usual 3-minute wash, especially when they contain things like butter and cream. Exercise your hand and arm muscles. Dig in deep those curls, girls!
Sakshi’s home made shampoo recipe
Mix Chickpea flour, yogurt, lemon juice, a little bit of essential oil, and water.
Chickpea flour: Exfoliates
lemon juice: Cleanses
Sakshi’s tip to use the No-Poo Head to Toe Wash
- Wet hair properly. Completely saturate it with water.
- Take a blob and work directly on the scalp. Massage into the scalp in a circular motion. It is very tempting to continue adding more of the wash because it disappears and it doesn’t feel like it’s working. But actually, it does! Because it has natural essential oils, you don’t want to use too much. You just have to make sure that it is distributed nicely and take your time with the product itself. Work in sections.
- Rinse it off completely. Massage it out while the water is running.Make sure that you are really getting the product out from the roots to the tips.
And heres her result after using our No-Poo Wash!
LOVING my beautiful concoction of #nopoo organic homegrown 100% natural cleanser from @happyearthfarm … I use it like green gold (it’s green inside 💚) the lovely makers have their own organic farm in Thailand and produce this head to toe cleanser with only 3 ingredients, all grown on trees in their farm! In fact this cleanser is SO organic and #nastyfree that the bottle recommends keeping in the fridge once open. It’s moisturise for my hair and the smell is like ripe fruits growing in an orchard! I love love love the product and the ethos behind it (swipe right to see my bomb volume wash results with just this conditioner) yes to the #crueltyfreelifestyle ! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #veganhaircare #veganbeauty #organichaircare #sustainablebeauty #curlyhair #curlyhairproducts #curlylifestyle #curlygirlmethod #organicfarmproducts #homegrown #beautybloggersuk #indiancurly #indianhaircare #indiancurlygirl #curlyasian #cgm #type3hair #vegancurlygirl #ukvegan #ukveganscene #organichaircare
We hope you are inspired by Sakshi’s story as much as we were! If you are a curly girl and curious about how to use it, give us a shout! If I don’t know the answer, I’ll ask Sakshi for you! 😁😁😁